Do you have a passion for maths?
Do you want to change the perception of maths?
Do you love working with young people?
Do you want to be inspired and inspire?
If you believe in your potential then apply for a Maths Teacher Training Scholarship. We welcome applications from people who can become passionate, knowledgeable and talented teachers to inspire and enthuse future generations.
Benefits of being a Maths Scholar
- You will have access to superb professional resources with two years free membership of professional bodies
- Membership of a like-minded and passionate community of Maths enthusiasts
- Support, inspiration and new ideas
- Recognition of your potential that will boost your confidence
- An improved CV that will set you apart from the crowd
- Access to CPD events arranged and run by specialists in maths education
- £25,000 tax free in your training year (replaces any bursary entitlement)
To apply for a Scholarship, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Already have, or are intending to apply for unsalaried secondary maths teacher training in England starting in September 2016
- You qualify as a home student for the purpose of provision of student support
You have or expect to:
- Achieve a First, 2:1 or postgraduate degree (Masters/PhD) in a subject with a strong mathematical content (applications are also welcomed from candidates with a 2:2 degree if combined with bring significant relevant experience), or;
- Have completed or will complete a Maths Subject Enhancement Course (SKE) prior to September 2016, or;
- Have a non-mathematical degree with extensive mathematical professional experience
For more information about the Mathematics Teacher Training Scholarships, and to apply, go to the Mathematics Teacher Training Scholarships website.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!