Thanks to everyone who eneterd the logo contest. Here are the three winners.
Win an Android Tablet
Winning designs will be used as guest logos on the Maths Careers Twitter Account @MathsCareers
1. Design a new logo for the Maths Careers Website.
2. Explain how your logo is mathematical.
Logo Competition Instructions:
- Design an attractive new logo for the Maths Careers Website.
- Your logo must include a design plus the two words:maths careers (lower case and in any font or writing style). Make sure the words maths careers take up around one third of your design space. (Otherwise they will be too small to read!!!)
- Your logo should be based on something mathematical. (Use your imagination and research skills!)
- You need to put your design on an A4 piece of paper. You must add an explanation of why your logo is mathematical.
- As a rule of thumb your logo should cover 50% of your A4 piece of paper, leaving 50% for explanations about your design.
- You can draw your logo by hand or you can use a computer.
- If you use any digital images, make sure they aren’t copyrighted. Look for images that have a ‘Creative Commons Licence’ and provide a credit/link. (Or you may want to include your own drawings.)
- Your logo MUST NOT be based on a Mobius Strip (as that is the current logo).
- Make sure you look at the Guidance Powerpoint which has important advice on what to do, and how to lay out your entry.
- Do your best – you could win an Android tablet!
Make sure you look at the following PowerPoint which has essential information on what the judges will be looking for.
There will be three categories for judging:
Years 7 and 8
Years 9, 10 and 11
Years 12 and 13
The winning Logo from students in each category will receive an Android tablet. All winning Logos will be on display on the Maths Careers website. The winning Logos will be used as guest Logos on the Maths Careers Twitter Account @MathsCareers.
The closing date is midnight on Wed 11th January 2023. Winners will be announced here at the start of February 2023.
The contest has now closed.
Poster Competition Rules
- The promoters of the competition are the sponsors of the Maths Careers website
- It is a condition of entry of this competition that all entrants agree to these competition rules. By permitting their children to enter the competition parents and guardians shall be deemed to consent to the entries being submitted on the terms of these competition rules.
- The competition is open to entrants between the ages of 11 and 19 who are residents of the United Kingdom.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the competition.
- There are three entry categories, based upon the ages of the entrants: Years 7 – 8, Years 9 – 11 and Years 12 – 13. One prize will be awarded for the winner of each category and there will be ‘Highly Commended’ certificates awarded in each age group.
- Entries can be submitted via the relevant mechanisms on the www.mathscareers.org.uk website.
- Posters must be A4 printed size only. Postal entries will not be entered into the competition if they are any other size.
- The poster must be solely the original work and the property of the entrant.
- Any poster that has won a prize in another competition is not eligible and will be disqualified if entered.
- Entrants may submit no more than one entry which must be made in their applicable age category only. Multiple entries will be disqualified.
- The promoters’ decision on all matters relating to the competition is final. No correspondence will be entered into concerning the judgement, administration or organization of the competition, including any assessment of the eligibility of any entry submitted.
- Winners will be announced on the mathscareers.org.uk website in February 2023. Individual winners will be notified by the promoters before the end of January 2023.
- By entering a poster, participants agree to grant IMA MathsCareers free of charge the right to use the photo in any manner and media, including without limitation, the right to publish, adapt, distribute, copy, display or translate in printed or electronic media even if they are not the winning entries.
- It is a condition of entry to the competition that entrants (or the parents or guardians of entrants) irrevocably permit the promoters and their licensees to copy, reproduce and publish entries in connection only with the promotion of and publicity for this competition and the winning entries.
- The closing date for entries to the competition is midnight on Wednesday 11th January 2023. Entries received after that date will not be accepted, displayed or judged.
- No responsibility will be accepted by the promoters for entries which are lost, late, corrupted, incomplete, defaced, ineligible or otherwise do not comply with these rules (any of which may be deemed invalid at the sole discretion of the promoters).
- The prizes are as stated in the competition rules. Prizes are non-refundable and not transferable. No cash alternative will be offered. The promoters reserve the right to substitute the prizes (or any part of them) for prizes of equivalent or greater monetary value if that is necessary for reasons beyond their control.
- The promoters will not be liable for prizes that do not reach prize winners for reasons beyond the promoters’ reasonable control. If prize winners cannot be traced after reasonable effort the promoters will dispose of prizes as they think fit without liability to prize winners.
- The promoters reserve the right to cancel or amend the competition, at any time without prior notice.
- This competition is governed by the laws of English and Wales and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.